Welcome!

This blog contains my thoughts and opinions on many subjects. You'll read about children, working, family, life in general, home care, marriage, divorce, the weather, my likes and dislikes about products, etc. Trust me, I have an opinion about everything!

These are MY opinions and no one else's. You don't have to agree. You don't have to continue reading if you don't like what you see. But keep in mind, there's a little bit of me in all of you!

So - on with Fits -n- Giggles...........

Copyright 2007 - Stacy Ahrendsen - All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm A Yard Art Junkie

Driving home last night, I realized that I look at people's yards. Now I'm not talking about glancing at a yard while driving by, but really checking them out.

I find myself looking at the flowers planted, looking at yard decorations, looking at landscaping techniques, looking at how the lawn is mowed, whether there are water fountains or statuary, seeing if they have an American Flag on display. Stuff like that.

Well, there's one yard in my neighborhood that I really enjoy looking at. Every time I pass this yard, I am impressed by how well taken care of everything is. I know how much time it takes to keep a yard in that kind of shape and I am envious.

I said to my son, "I don't know what it is about that yard, but I really like it."
My son replied, "Yeah right, Mom, like you don't know."
I looked at him and said, "What do you mean?"
He said, " You know hwy you like that yard so much."
"I do?"
(Followed by a snort and a roll of the eyes) "Yeah!"

At this point I drove around the block and pulled to the curb, staring at the house and its' beautiful yard as if I hadn't seen it before.

"Okay, tell me then, cuz I'm not getting it."
My son points to the side yard and says, "See it?"
I look....look harder....."See what?"
"The EyCatcher, Mom."
"Where?"
"Hanging from the shepherd's hook. See it? That's the reason you love this yard so much."

And sure enough, there in the side yard that faced the street, hanging in the middle of a heart-shaped shepherd's hook, hung a beautiful EyCatcher Starburst Wind Spinner.

I love yard decorations, but my favorite of them all are wind spinners. Those beautiful works of art that you hang from tree branches, shepherd's hooks or eaves and spin in the slightest breeze are my absolute favorites.

In fact, I love them so much I started selling them at fairs and festivals a couple of years ago. I enjoy seeing the happy looks on people's faces, hearing their giggles and oooohhhss and aaaahhhss when they see my EyCatcher Wind Spinners for the first time.

My son knew before I did, that when I am looking at all these yards, checking them out, I am looking to see if it contains an EyCatcher Wind Spinner. And if it does I wonder if I was the lucky person that sold it to them.

No comments: