Welcome!

This blog contains my thoughts and opinions on many subjects. You'll read about children, working, family, life in general, home care, marriage, divorce, the weather, my likes and dislikes about products, etc. Trust me, I have an opinion about everything!

These are MY opinions and no one else's. You don't have to agree. You don't have to continue reading if you don't like what you see. But keep in mind, there's a little bit of me in all of you!

So - on with Fits -n- Giggles...........

Copyright 2007 - Stacy Ahrendsen - All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

When Others Diet

Okay, I'm not here to do any diet bashing, cuz I have certainly done my fair share of dieting and obsessing over my weight. But now that I am in my late 40's, I just don't care to impress my mirror anymore.

I've done the "protein diet", heard about the "points diet", had friends who did the Slim Fast diet and know a little about all the diets that are out there to help people lose weight.

But I've noticed, that no matter what diet they are on, there is a common thread to every diet and the people who are on them.

Have you ever noticed that when someone starts a new diet, they have to announce it to the rest of the world in some way? Whether it's an out and out HEY, I'M ON A DIET or a subtle way of sliding it into the conversation, it still comes up. Have you ever noticed somebody lose a lot of weight and THEN announce they are dieting?? Of course not. It's human nature to want people to know what we are doing, so we feel we are getting the support of those who know us!!

Anyway, I was in a meeting this morning, and it became obvious in minutes that the boss has been on a diet.

Successfully I might add. He's lost about 25 pounds and he's looking great! He's doing the "points" thing. You know, every food has a point and you get a certain number of points per day....yada...yada...yada.

So, he plops a big box of Krispy Kreme donuts in the middle of the conference table and says, "Here, have a point or two or three." Naturally, the rest of us dig right in and while we have our mouths full of super sweet donuts, he's talking about how many points he gets a day on his diet, how many his wife gets, etc. Then he asked a question we all wanted to know the answer to, right?

If you are in Japan, eating strange food, how do you know how many points you are eating if you don't even know what you're eating?. Now this came up because he will be traveling to Japan soon. He mentioned sticky rice, eel, sushi, and other unidentifiable Japan treats I've never heard of.

And I thought---- give it up for the week you're there....stop counting points. You'll be stressing yourself out trying to figure out the food.

And really.......

What's the point in that?

Technorati Profile

No comments: