Welcome!

This blog contains my thoughts and opinions on many subjects. You'll read about children, working, family, life in general, home care, marriage, divorce, the weather, my likes and dislikes about products, etc. Trust me, I have an opinion about everything!

These are MY opinions and no one else's. You don't have to agree. You don't have to continue reading if you don't like what you see. But keep in mind, there's a little bit of me in all of you!

So - on with Fits -n- Giggles...........

Copyright 2007 - Stacy Ahrendsen - All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Short On Cash....???

Have you ever noticed, when you are especially short on cash, that all sorts of unidentified expenses crop up to make a shambles of your budget?

I find this one of life's most ironic things. I have been the chief financial planner in my home for many years and I am an expert budget maker. As a single mom, I have to watch my pennies and my budget is an important part of making it through the month. But even though I have every paycheck planned down to the dime, there is always SOMETHING that comes around to throw a wrench in my budget.

I am living proof that if you are broke today, you're going to be even more broke tomorrow, especially if you have kids!!

Does this sound familiar??

My son comes home from school and tells me about the "special" shoes the basketball team just HAS to have, everybody on the team is getting a pair, he doesn't want to be the only one not wearing any and the order is being placed tomorrow. So he needs $55.00.

Then my daughter reminds me that payment for yearbooks is due tomorrow as well. I have 3 kids in high school and heaven forbid we "share" a yearbook. 3 x $25.00 = $75.00

You go to feed the dog and discover he's out of food which translates into a trip to "that store" in which you can't possibly get out of "that store" without picking up shampoo, toilet paper or some other damn thing you forgot to buy during last weeks trip.......$45.00

and finally to cap off the evening....the washing machine starts making a screeching noise on the very first load!!!! Which by the way, even if it doesn't mean a new washer, it still means a repair bill.....take your pick..........$125.00 for repairs or $500.oo for a new washer.

Lets recap:

Shoes $ 55.00
Yearbooks $ 75.00
Dog Food $ 45.00
Washer Repair $125.00

Total?? $300.00 of unexpected expenses in just ONE DAY!!!!

Aarrgh....how is any reasonably sane person supposed to stay within the budget and handle these kinds of unexpected expenses?

That - my friends - is why I have 2 jobs and several home businesses.

Of course, as soon as the kids move out, I'll have more money than ever......!!

Ha Ha Ha Ha...........................

No comments: